Administrative Assistant to the Associate and Assistant Pastor
As a representative of First Baptist Church, there is the expectation of to conduct one’s self according to the goals and mission of the FBC. Under the direction of the Associate Pastor, Assistant Pastor and Administrator, this Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing a variety of duties, as required.
This position is a non-exempt. 36 hours per week, Monday through Thursday.
Example of Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Associate Pastor and Assistant Pastor in executing church goals and objectives.
- Assists church members both in the office and over the telephone in a professional and courteous manner.
- Answers telephones, greeting visitors and notifying the appropriate person.
- Fosters communication and works collaboratively with all church employees as needed.
- Maintains security of both persons and information at all times; respects confidentiality and privacy.
- Performs other routine clerical duties as requested such as simply typing list, envelopes or other items, filing folding and stuffing envelopes, making copies, etc.
- Exercises independent and competent judgment in making decisions relating to job responsibilities.
- Possesses strong communication, clerical, and ministerial skills. Positive, welcoming, ready to assist, able to handle conflict calmly, etc.
- Education: High school diploma required; any additional diploma will be considered an advantage
- At least 2 years of office experience, ministry experience, volunteer experience wouldbe a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office tools (Word, Publisher, Excel, Outlook, FB, and YouTube)
- Possesses excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Maintain standards of confidentiality
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Bilingual skills in English/Spanish. (reading, writing and translation)
- Friendly, helpful, positive attitude
- Team player and collaborative